One of the main thoughts that fill my head when I can’t sleep is “what if when I die, I look back at my life and regret it.” Because of this very question I often obsess about if my way of life is in alignment with my goals, and often they are not. To be honest; I am excellent at failing and screwing up, but I think being perfect soon would become excruciatingly boring. Nevertheless, I find that checking in once in a while on if the way I am living now will bring me where I want to be in the future, and these are the questions I ask myself.
- Where will I be in 5 years if you continue doing what I am now?
- Where do I ideally want to be in 5 years?
- What changes would I have to make in my life to be where I want to?
- Am I willing and is it possible to make these changes?
- How will I make these changes?
As I am still young, my goals, as well as my lifestyle changes quite rapidly. I do, however, have some goals that have not changed. Still, there are steps I need to take in order to reach those bigger, non-changing goals, so to check in with myself once in a while is not only beneficial to my long-term goals, but also my mental health, and my relationship to those around me.
What are your long-term goals, and are you on track to reach them?